Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard1024 View Post
    All soviet/russian tanks after T-64 have the same number of roadwheels, six.

And the tank on the picture is a T-72
    I remember reading that the T-72 had 7 wheels while the T-80 and T-90 had 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Moskit View Post
    Pls
    Can someone id the vest ?
    The Spetznas guys are looking awesome.

PS:
    I thing they had no handcuffs
    It's some kind of "som" (Сом М32-СБВ-2)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear_Warrior View Post
    I remember reading that the T-72 had 7 wheels while the T-80 and T-90 had 6.
    T-80 and T-64 have smallish wheels with gaps in between, T-72 and T-90 have large wheels with almost no gap between them. Thats the easiest way to tell them apart. The tank in the pic is def a T-72 since it has K-1 reactive armour, T-90 has K-5.

T-62 and T-55 had 5 road wheels, everything after had 6. The latest Black Eagle prototype was based on a lengthened T-80 chassis wit h7 road wheels, maybe thats what youre thinking of?

Unicus Ac Immortalis II Dark Avenger's Avatar

Also the TR-125, the Romanian version of the T-72 had 7 roadwheels (they did seem to have a penchant for increasing the number of roadwheels, as their T-55, the TR-85 had 6).

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Yello View Post
    It's some kind of "som" (Сом М32-СБВ-2)
    Thank you very much
    http://www.armytex.ru/catalogue/?fun...255.jpg&id=313
    Thats one i thing

Just some news that I think has been missed:
    http://arms-tass.su/?page=article&aid=69062&cid=44

It was announced on April 7th that this year at Sevmash 2 new nuclear submarines will be laid down, a Borei class and a Yasen class. That will make it 4 Boreis under construction (if you count the Dolgorukiy) and 2 Yasen class under construction at the same time at Sevmash.

hello does anybody know the number of t-90 tanks(the variant with the welded turret and advanced thermal sight) in service with russia now ive heard its between 200 and 500 from various sources. also does anybody know if the russians have bought any more smerch mlrs,bmp-3's,s-400's or iskanders and how many of those are in service. also if i havent burdened this thread with enough questions would anybody tell me how the 2A46M5 tank gun stacks up agains rheinmetall 44 and 55 cal guns and is the 2a46m5 the gun installed on the newest t-90's

Quote Originally Posted by meatyclaws View Post
    hello does anybody know the number of t-90 tanks(the variant with the welded turret and advanced thermal sight) in service with russia now ive heard its between 200 and 500 from various sources. also does anybody know if the russians have bought any more smerch mlrs,bmp-3's,s-400's or iskanders and how many of those are in service. also if i havent burdened this thread with enough questions would anybody tell me how the 2A46M5 tank gun stacks up agains rheinmetall 44 and 55 cal guns and is the 2a46m5 the gun installed on the newest t-90's
    Thats nice , what else do you want to know?

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by meatyclaws View Post
    No way there are 500 of them. I don't think there are even 500 T-90s of all kinds in Russian army. Will be within a few years, but not now.

[FONT=Times New Roman]so the actual number of t-90's would be ?[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Kutuzov View Post
    Thats nice , what else do you want to know?
    yes that is all i think.lol

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Vityaz View Post
    That's some awesome footage. My Russian aint what it should be though. What was the narrator saying at the end about the sniper?
    He told that it would be easier to put a HE round in that direction, as one needs to know how to snipe, and that it's the first time he sees a person being fired at instead of usual carbooard target, and that he fell really slow, like in the movies.

You should check this site - www.warfare.ru
    For example, according to it, the overall number of T-90 of various models in service in Russian Federation is less than 300, 279 to be exact.
    Last edited by Timmy!; 04-13-2009 at 04:32 AM.

got suspended because"Post didn't meet minimum content quality"Look what u get when umesswithSnoshi

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Avenger View Post
    Also the TR-125, the Romanian version of the T-72 had 7 roadwheels (they did seem to have a penchant for increasing the number of roadwheels, as their T-55, the TR-85 had 6).
    More wheels = less ground pressure and a longer tank = more space

Quote Originally Posted by Mihai View Post
    More wheels = less ground pressure and a longer tank = more space
    How many TR-125 does Romania have?