Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Suspended for infractions

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Susumu View Post
    Yamadaev shot dead in Dubai:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrOEdbMGZxQ
    Damn, first Vostok CO now him, RIP... Khadyirov Junior is one ambitious fellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Er_spectr View Post
    The article says that judging the current Russian technologies, the highest RCS they can reach is 0.01. Well it is supposed to be an estimate. The thing is we (people with only public data) can not comment on this matter, Sukhoi might have some top secret technologies that no one is even aware of. The problem is that in the 21st century having secret tech is extremely hard if not impossible
    True, but that source is known to make rather obscene exaggerations about PAK-FA. Look at the IRST proposed airborne object detection range for example.
    I found this what-if projections which I thing are much closer to what an actual PAK-FA prototype is going to look like (big hopes for MAKS this year). It's got sound airframe, and that immature prototypeish look.

Last edited by K-5; 03-31-2009 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K-5 View Post
    Damn, first Vostok CO now him, RIP... Khadyirov Junior is one ambitious fellow

True, but that source is known to make rather obscene exaggerations about PAK-FA. Look at the IRST proposed airborne object detection range for example.
    I found this what-if projections which I thing are much closer to what an actual PAK-FA prototype is going to look like (big hopes for MAKS this year). It's got sound airframe, and that immature prototypeish look.
    70 NM range for AIRST seems an exaggeration but it anyway depends by enviromental condition (bad weather,clouds etc.)
    Anyway use of thermal sensor will create problem to the stealth fighters they cannot reduce emission to zero, sensor fusion too could be a challenge.

Some Marching Glinka style :

Exclamation

Experimental Mobile Nuclear Powerplant:

President Medvedev visits Kubinka Air Base

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov inspected operational and advanced military equipment at Kubinka Air Base near

March 28, 2009. Russian President Dmitry Medvedev before taking off in a Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback fighter-bomber from Kubinka Air Base near Moscow

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev before taking off in a Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback fighter-bomber from Kubinka Air Base near Moscow

The multi-role, highly maneuverable and fast Su-34 fighter-bomber can carry a large ordnance load

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev before taking off in a Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback fighter-bomber from Kubinka Air Base near Moscow

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev flew in this Su-34 fighter-bomber

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev flew in this Su-34 fighter-bomber, background
    How many Su-34 does RuAf have in service?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Angel25 View Post
    How many Su-34 does RuAf have in service?
    2, but NAPO just finished retooling their plant and are starting the serial production of the Su-34.

Maybe Pak-Fa???

Thats a Su-27, either that or the Pak-FA will be VERY similar, have a look at this pic:

http://www.suchoj.com/ab1953/Su-27/r...Knights_08.jpg

You can see the similarities, namely the spine shape and the proportions. Also the
    tail fins start at the same point where there is a bulge in airframe for the engines
    in both pics.

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Thats a Su-27, either that or the Pak-FA will be VERY similar, have a look at this pic:

http://www.suchoj.com/ab1953/Su-27/r...Knights_08.jpg

You can see the similarities, namely the spine shape and the proportions. Also the
    tail fins start at the same point where there is a bulge in airframe for the engines
    in both pics.
    Hmmmm....yea. Its not PakFa

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Thats a Su-27
    looks more like a Mig-35 to me

Too big to be a Mig-35, and the spine is wrong, look at the Mig-35 spine:
    http://www.algerlablanche.com/actual...MIG35_face.jpg

It stays fat and pretty raised all the way to the end

The interesting thing is at 5:00. A "tank" with a jet engine on it. Its a real offroad animal.

Definitely not Mig-35. Tail fin is different form pic i posted.
    http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/...842/Mig-35.jpg
    Has to be su-27.....

Did any SU34 flew combat missions in Georgia?