Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Quote Originally Posted by meatyclaws View Post
    hello does anybody know the number of t-90 tanks(the variant with the welded turret and advanced thermal sight) in service with russia now ive heard its between 200 and 500 from various sources. also does anybody know if the russians have bought any more smerch mlrs,bmp-3's,s-400's or iskanders and how many of those are in service. also if i havent burdened this thread with enough questions would anybody tell me how the 2A46M5 tank gun stacks up agains rheinmetall 44 and 55 cal guns and is the 2a46m5 the gun installed on the newest t-90's
    Thats nice , what else do you want to know?

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by meatyclaws View Post
    hello does anybody know the number of t-90 tanks(the variant with the welded turret and advanced thermal sight) in service with russia now ive heard its between 200 and 500 from various sources. also does anybody know if the russians have bought any more smerch mlrs,bmp-3's,s-400's or iskanders and how many of those are in service. also if i havent burdened this thread with enough questions would anybody tell me how the 2A46M5 tank gun stacks up agains rheinmetall 44 and 55 cal guns and is the 2a46m5 the gun installed on the newest t-90's
    No way there are 500 of them. I don't think there are even 500 T-90s of all kinds in Russian army. Will be within a few years, but not now.

[FONT=Times New Roman]so the actual number of t-90's would be ?[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Kutuzov View Post
    Thats nice , what else do you want to know?
    yes that is all i think.lol

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Vityaz View Post
    That's some awesome footage. My Russian aint what it should be though. What was the narrator saying at the end about the sniper?
    He told that it would be easier to put a HE round in that direction, as one needs to know how to snipe, and that it's the first time he sees a person being fired at instead of usual carbooard target, and that he fell really slow, like in the movies.

You should check this site - www.warfare.ru
    For example, according to it, the overall number of T-90 of various models in service in Russian Federation is less than 300, 279 to be exact.
    Last edited by Timmy!; 04-13-2009 at 03:32 AM.

got suspended because"Post didn't meet minimum content quality"Look what u get when umesswithSnoshi

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Avenger View Post
    Also the TR-125, the Romanian version of the T-72 had 7 roadwheels (they did seem to have a penchant for increasing the number of roadwheels, as their T-55, the TR-85 had 6).
    More wheels = less ground pressure and a longer tank = more space

Quote Originally Posted by Mihai View Post
    How many TR-125 does Romania have?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimas View Post
    How many TR-125 does Romania have?
    The TR-125 never passed prototype stage. Acording to wikipedia 3-5 prototypes were made.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    He told that it would be easier to put a HE round in that direction, as one needs to know how to snipe, and that it's the first time he sees a person being fired at instead of usual carbooard target, and that he fell really slow, like in the movies.

You should check this site - www.warfare.ru
    For example, according to it, the overall number of T-90 of various models in service in Russian Federation is less than 300, 279 to be exact.
    warfare.ru is good, but I think that the numbers arent that accurate. For one, they haven't been updated in the last few years, and I know for a fact new T-90s have been built in that time. I think also they report CFE numbers unless I'm mistaken, so they dont take into account anything East of the Urals.

Federov Avtomat, FTW!

The reason the Black Eagle got a longer chassis with an extra wheel was so the frontal hull armour could be more steeply angled to provide more protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Hm, strange. I mean, I really don't know anything about how this site works etc, I just use its information from time to time, so you could be right. But for example in the article about T-90, it mentions this:

So, I think site was updated not so long ago, if they mention 2009, and they list armed forces to the East of Ural mountains..

Of course, as I already stated, I'm not sure about it.
    Ive followed the Warfare.ru site for a number of years now, and as far as I know (I could be wrong) I have not seen the T-90 number increase during the years when I know for a fact the RuMoD made purchases of new tanks.

got suspended because"Post didn't meet minimum content quality"Look what u get when umesswithSnoshi

Quote Originally Posted by GazB View Post
    The reason the Black Eagle got a longer chassis with an extra wheel was so the frontal hull armour could be more steeply angled to provide more protection.
    I was talking about TR-85

Read carefully the quote....

Federov Avtomat, FTW!

I was talking about TR-85

Read carefully the quote....
    I know you were but this thread is about RUSSIAN stuff so I applied what you said to a Russian vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by GazB View Post
    I know you were but this thread is about RUSSIAN stuff so I applied what you said to a Russian vehicle.
    "I decided to create one official thread where I will post all the Russian related photos."
    Russian related - and TR-85 is a modification of T-55.
    And I agree with you about Black Eagle, but was no point to quote me for that - it was irrelevent.