Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by kosse View Post
    Link: http://www.russian-victories.ru/
    "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=6][*******#e77b33][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=5][*******#e77b33][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=3][*******#e77b33][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=3][*******#e77b33][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=3][*******#e77b33][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=3][*******#e77b33][SIZE=5]ALL OF US RUSSIANS ARE

NORDIC WHITE CHRISTIAN PEOPLE
    "[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    ^ Nordic WHITE RUssia STRONG!!!11+1+1+1oneoneone

Damn, that's some serious inferiority complex there.

That's an interesting coat of arms you got as your avatar, what does it represent?

Quote Originally Posted by GazB View Post
    I agree. Now that they are putting expensive new night vision stuff and computers in these vehicles maybe they will think less about amphibious capability and more about protecting their investment and their troops
    Does the BMP-3 not solve most of those problems? The BMP-3 side armour should stop 7.62mm AP rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by MareCar View Post
    Said picture shows British DPM camo and not French camo.
    Exacly.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Does the BMP-3 not solve most of those problems? The BMP-3 side armour should stop 7.62mm AP rounds.
    Definitely, assault rifle fire is easily stopped unless I am mistaken. Side hull should be much better against 12.7 than BMp-1 and 2 as well, and this is without the numerous up-armoring kits available for it. Front armor is a world ahead too.

EDIT: with passive additional armor 12.7 AP from 50meters will not pierce. This is the minimum that needs to be adopted IMO.

Banned user
    stealthily descending on your headz with a parachute

Quote Originally Posted by AmaStrat View Post
    That's an interesting coat of arms you got as your avatar, what does it represent?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriotic_People%27s_Movement_(Finland)

I'm not a supporter nor I'd want an organisation like that to be revived but the insignia is powerful - an echo of the old, less PC times. In addition, the provoking message fits my MP.net personality rather well (). As for what it represents..well, it's pretty clear from the picture that it's the Finnish white guard/anti-communist beating the Russian (communist) bear with a club.

Quote Originally Posted by TR1 View Post
    What are your thoughts on BMP-1 armor in practice?
    Never been fired upon in real life, however we had several old hulls on the range for RPG training. We fired at them with what was available to us, from AK to PKM, i don't remeber any holes been made. The closest one afair 100m, farthest at 400 meters far..

Banned user

Even from sides? Sorry if you can't answer .

Quote Originally Posted by TR1 View Post
    Even from sides? Sorry if you can't answer .
    Yes, they were all positioned that way, exept for the farthest one, facing towards us.

Banned user

Good to know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TakeIt View Post
    Never been fired upon in real life, however we had several old hulls on the range for RPG training. We fired at them with what was available to us, from AK to PKM, i don't remeber any holes been made. The closest one afair 100m, farthest at 400 meters far..
    No holes from AK and PKM seems plausible, but surely an RPG would penetrate even the front easily.

Banned user

I think he means they were there intially for RPG aiming purposes, but as it happened to be they used their light arms on it, which produces no penetrations.

RPG would penetrate any part of 'vanilla' BMP-1.

Banned user

http://www.kurganmash.ru/machines/bmp3u/
    http://www.kurganmash.ru/machines/bmp2u/

On the subject of BMP armor, these projects look like the right direction.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Switek View Post
    Yes, may be but in this case you should call this American paranoia, not ours.
    Wow, Switek is actually making sense. Didnt think you'd become so reasonable after all this time. No, you dont need to know who I am.

Here a English version....

[SIZE=5][*******red]Anatoly V. Lebedev[/COLOR][/SIZE] (b. 1963) - Hero of the Russian Federation, lieutenant special VDV officer 45 th Guards separate Order of Alexander Nevsky Intelligence regiment for special purposes.

[*******red] Biography[/COLOR]
    In the Armed Forces since 1981. Military service was in the Airborne Troops. Then graduated from the Lomonosov Military Aviation Technical School in 1986 and fought in 1986-1987. in Afghanistan in the composition of the helicopter regiment, made sorties as borttehnika helicopters. He served in the Group of Soviet troops in Germany.

In 1994, retired to the reserve.

Since November 1999, participated in the counterterrorist operation in the North Caucasus. Having bought all the necessary equipment, flew to Makhachkala volunteer to protect Dagestan from attack fighters. He was assigned to the combined group of police. When the military operation has moved into the territory of Chechnya, he went to Moscow and signed a contract with the Ministry of Defense, and then came back to war. He served in the region of Gudermes, Argun, on the outskirts of Grozny, in the Vedeno district.

In 2003, in the mountains of Ulus-Kert Anatoly Swan hit a mine, resulting in his foot was amputated. Command went towards fighting the officer and allowed to continue service with the prosthesis.

In a subsequent battle their own bodies covered a wounded series of grenade rounds. Having been blind shrapnel wounds in the back, continued to command the main rounds. As a result of the battle was captured by militants and destroyed base connected Shamil Basayev. Presidential Decree of 6 April 2005 for their courage and heroism demonstrated in the performance of military duty in the North Caucasus region, Anatoly V. Captain Swan was awarded the title Hero of the Russian Federation.

In 2008, participated in the fighting in South Ossetia, which won the second knight of the Order of St. George the 4 th degree.

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev during ceremony of awarding the 1 October 2008 said:

Among us there is also an officer of special airborne troops Hero of the Russian Federation Anatoly V. Swan. In carrying out combat operations, he was on the edge of the attack and has always demonstrated examples of personal courage.

Anyways i wish i could camo my AK like that ........

Quote Originally Posted by kosse View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriotic_People%27s_Movement_(Finland)

I'm not a supporter nor I'd want an organisation like that to be revived but the insignia is powerful - an echo of the old, less PC times. In addition, the provoking message fits my MP.net personality rather well (). As for what it represents..well, it's pretty clear from the picture that it's the Finnish white guard/anti-communist beating the Russian (communist) bear with a club.
    LOL! Somebody here was talking about paranoia?
    Don't worry, be happy and drink "Finlandia"!