Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

All the pictures you post here friends have the same cockpit.Three displays front and three displays at the back cockpit.And I would like to remember you this aircraft will use training pilots for the PAK-FA.And in my opinion also for Ruaf version all it's displays must be digital.

Unicus Ac Immortalis II Dark Avenger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zmey View Post
    The "above the cockpit" placement of the ball was the trial version. Right now all three Ka-52s in existence have the optics ball under the nose.
    Thanks. But I still see differences in the installation. Note the configuration on 061 differs from that on 062.

Federov Avtomat, FTW!

One question to ATGM.
    If a chopper is attacking a ground target like a tank.
    Does the rocket hits the tank on the top of it ?
    Where the armor is the weakest, or from the side ?

And can ATAKA handle it with a M1A2 ?
    It flys directly towards the target from the helo. The helo will not be high up so the trajectory will be practically horizontal.

A clean strike should result in a penetration of 800mm behind ERA, so the Abrams will be vulnerable from the side and the rear but unless it hits a weak point it will not be too vulnerable from the front.

Of course if you are hunting tanks then a few Su-25s with cluster bombs with the SBPE sensor fused submunition would be the solution. It is fitted with an IIR seeker and a MMW radar to detect metal objects that generate heat (ie tanks) and attack them from the top with explosively formed penetrators called SFF or self forging fragments.
    For the really tough super tank of course there is always the TV or laser guided Kh-29 with a 317kg shaped charge HE warhead that is designed to undermine the concrete foundations of a large solid concrete bridge and would wreck any armoured vehicle now or in the future. All up weight of 600kgs and a 10km range it should be effective should the Kh-25 with its 90kg warhead prove insufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmey View Post

Front cockpit has 2 MFDs and the rear pit has 3. No "export" version of Yak-130 exists.
    Front has 3 as well, the two you see on that picture are the right and the center one, the left one is overlapped by the airframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Avenger View Post
    Thanks. But I still see differences in the installation. Note the configuration on 061 differs from that on 062.
    The one on 063, however, is the same as that on 062 (which also leaves more space in the radome), so I think we can conclude the 062/3 set-up is at least semi-final.

Banned user

Thank you very much for the answear GazB !!!!!!!
    Do you have some information how much RHA are this sensor fused submunition penetrating ?
    As far as i know Smerch does have some rockets with it (9M55K1)
    http://www.splav.org/en/arms/smerch/m55k1.asp
    But they can only penetrate 70mm oO ?

And do you know the name of russian "bombs" with it ?

Thanks
    Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga12 View Post
    Thank you very much for the answear GazB !!!!!!!
    Do you have some information how much RHA are this sensor fused submunition penetrating ?
    As far as i know Smerch does have some rockets with it (9M55K1)
    http://www.splav.org/en/arms/smerch/m55k1.asp
    But they can only penetrate 70mm oO ?

And do you know the name of russian "bombs" with it ?

Thanks
    Greetings
    70mm of RHA is enough for penetrating the top armour of most tanks, ESPECIALLY considering that the Smerch EFP is aimed at the engine deck, not the turret top. The top of the engine deck has even less armour.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderJB View Post
    The one on 063, however, is the same as that on 062 (which also leaves more space in the radome), so I think we can conclude the 062/3 set-up is at least semi-final.
    On the topic of the Yak-130, I just read that Irkut has 142 confirmed orders for it on its books...

VIP Post Apocalyptic Vehicle
    [*******#ffffcc]\[/COLOR]

http://andrei-bt.livejournal.com/2367.html

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by XRR496 View Post

wow i want one

Quote Originally Posted by GazB View Post
    A clean strike should result in a penetration of 800mm behind ERA, so the Abrams will be vulnerable from the side and the rear but unless it hits a weak point it will not be too vulnerable from the front.
    Behind ERA means that it already punched through era, which is very effective against HEAT charges, so against a target without era the penetration should be higher?

Quote Originally Posted by K-5 View Post
    Yes, but Ka-52 has been flying with gear down all the time lately (hydrolics removed and gear locked for weight relief?) ...
    No true.

The first two Ka-52s flew over the red square on May 9th with their gear up. Look at the photos from the parade.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArmenian View Post
    No true.

The first two Ka-52s flew over the red square on May 9th with their gear up. Look at the photos from the parade.

Russian helicopters flying with landing gear down might have something to do with improvements introduced during the Afghan War. When Taliban got Stingers, Soviets adopted the strategy of flying very low to avoid missile lock. Landing gear was improved as a consequence, to allow the crew to survive sudden engine failures or missile hits (5-6 meter falls). It would seem logical that during low-level, low-speed test flights landing gear stays down as a passive safety measure.
    Last edited by NeUr0maNs3r; 05-21-2009 at 10:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Universal_Soldier View Post
    This looks like the export version since it's got three display screen plus the HUD. I believe the domestic version comes with two LCD displaces plus the HUD. I maybe wrong tho.

This is a beautiful bird for all intents and purposes.
    Are you kidding? What export version? It's new aircraft, flying computer as some call him.

Quote Originally Posted by XRR496 View Post

I wonder who would win in 1 on 1 duel. Ladoga or Namer?

Banned user

Last edited by HunterHunter; 05-21-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: doublepost