Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderJB View Post
    The one on 063, however, is the same as that on 062 (which also leaves more space in the radome), so I think we can conclude the 062/3 set-up is at least semi-final.
    On the topic of the Yak-130, I just read that Irkut has 142 confirmed orders for it on its books...

VIP Post Apocalyptic Vehicle
    [*******#ffffcc]\[/COLOR]

http://andrei-bt.livejournal.com/2367.html

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by XRR496 View Post

wow i want one

Quote Originally Posted by GazB View Post
    A clean strike should result in a penetration of 800mm behind ERA, so the Abrams will be vulnerable from the side and the rear but unless it hits a weak point it will not be too vulnerable from the front.
    Behind ERA means that it already punched through era, which is very effective against HEAT charges, so against a target without era the penetration should be higher?

Quote Originally Posted by K-5 View Post
    Yes, but Ka-52 has been flying with gear down all the time lately (hydrolics removed and gear locked for weight relief?) ...
    No true.

The first two Ka-52s flew over the red square on May 9th with their gear up. Look at the photos from the parade.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArmenian View Post
    No true.

The first two Ka-52s flew over the red square on May 9th with their gear up. Look at the photos from the parade.

Russian helicopters flying with landing gear down might have something to do with improvements introduced during the Afghan War. When Taliban got Stingers, Soviets adopted the strategy of flying very low to avoid missile lock. Landing gear was improved as a consequence, to allow the crew to survive sudden engine failures or missile hits (5-6 meter falls). It would seem logical that during low-level, low-speed test flights landing gear stays down as a passive safety measure.
    Last edited by NeUr0maNs3r; 05-21-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Universal_Soldier View Post
    This looks like the export version since it's got three display screen plus the HUD. I believe the domestic version comes with two LCD displaces plus the HUD. I maybe wrong tho.

This is a beautiful bird for all intents and purposes.
    Are you kidding? What export version? It's new aircraft, flying computer as some call him.

Quote Originally Posted by XRR496 View Post

I wonder who would win in 1 on 1 duel. Ladoga or Namer?

Banned user

Last edited by HunterHunter; 05-21-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: doublepost

Ladoga is a vehicle which can work in radioactive or other contaminated areas.
    Ladoga has no arms.
    It's first "combat" run was Chernobyl. evidence:
    http://t80leningrad.narod.ru/video_1...S_Ladoga_2.MPG
    futher read here(in russian):
    http://www.spec-tehnica.ru/articles/articles_443.html

Namera is a different kind of military vehicle - heavily armoured apc.

Duh... Use google my friend.
    Last edited by _GDS_; 05-21-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterHunter View Post
    4:32 Lol After they kicked driver in the skull, they draged out him like potato bag. Btw, can anyone id suspects car? It really had advantage on road
    actually, they kicked front passenger, not driver. Such idiots (speaking of runaway) should be shot on place. It's miracle that nobody else got hurt.

peace to this young warrior without the sound of guns

Are you kidding? What export version? It's new aircraft, flying computer as some call him.
    you are the one kidding here. MoD orders are hardly enough sustain the aviation industry and Yak is no exception. There's been quite a few articles and publications that mention export version of this bird. Like it or not it will be exported. The industry needs export. I ll put a link if I can locate one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArmenian View Post
    Detailed photos of the 3rd Ka-52 on Pilot's website: http://pilot.strizhi.info/2009/05/21/6676
    Looks like the optics would easily get damaged in case of "hard" or rough landing... (depends on how much the front suspension travels).

Other question about Vikhr:
    Is it fast enough to hit jets or is it only effective against helicopters?

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Universal_Soldier View Post
    you are the one kidding here. MoD orders are hardly enough sustain the aviation industry and Yak is no exception. There's been quite a few articles and publications that mention export version of this bird. Like it or not it will be exported. The industry needs export. I ll put a link if I can locate one.
    What i wanted to say, that YAK-130 don't have export version, and afaik, only Syria is ordering it. As i remember, only engines are changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xav View Post
    Other question about Vikhr:
    Is it fast enough to hit jets or is it only effective against helicopters?
    It is effective till the UFO reaches 800km/h, meaning it's against helicopters, ekranoplanes, jets flying near to cruise speed and against other undentified flying objects(flying tanks included)

source: http://www.airwar.ru/weapon/aat/vichr.html

What i wanted to say, that YAK-130 don't have export version, and afaik, only Syria is ordering it. As i remember, only engines are changed.
    ALgeria has ordered 16 of them as well. Not so sure about Syrian order. But I am certain other countries who use Russian aircraft (Venezuela, Lybia etc.) will order this plane.

One has to realize that modern jets like MiG, Sukhoi, Rafale, Typhoon, Gripen are getting increasingly unaffordable for more and more countries.

Airplanes like the Yak-130 that can do both training as well a number of combat duties should have a bright future.

As for a current export version, I havn't heard of one yet. But I expect this plane to be offered in the future in a number of configuration including a single seater. There may be some export versions coming up too.