Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

  1. #17101
    Senior Member Hyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,353

    Default

    Anyone got the high-res of this massive build-up pic?

  2. #17102
    Member STEPAN1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Russia, Moscow
    Age
    31
    Posts
    633

    Default

    This 60 rnd mag was rejected by forces, because this mag is unreliable

  3. #17103

  4. #17104
    Junior Member KMario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Slavonski Brod Croatia
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MareCar View Post
    Anyone got the high-res of this massive build-up pic?
    i appriceate any of them!

    How many tanks are there??

  5. #17105
    Federov Avtomat, FTW!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,981

    Default

    You can't upgrade MiG-29 to MiG-35 - the airframe is too different. The basic A model can be reconfigured in SMT version:
    In what way?

    If a T-55 can be given a Black Eagle upgrade and look for all intents and purposes like a tank of the generation of the T-80/T-90 then why not with the Mig.
    AFAIK the equipment on the Mig-35 would fit into a Mig-29 after you rip out all of the Mig-29s stuff. It might just be cheaper to buy new build Mig-35s and sell off existing Mig-29s for parts to another existing user, but pretty much everything fitted to the Mig-35 should fit on a Mig-29 IMHO.
    As I said the Mig-35 would probably be built to a much higher standard of quality and be made of much more modern materials, but I don't think the difference would be enormous and the improvement in performance from basic to mig-35 minus 1 would still be significant.
    I would expect the Mig-35 was based on the lighter Mig-29M airframe.
    It is certainly not a whole new aircraft that is not really compatible with older models like the Super Hornet.

  6. #17106
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Age
    28
    Posts
    142

    Default

    It is actually, as I said the airframe itself is very different. Yes, you can put the electronics from the 35, but it is easier to build new 35's than to upgrade the old 29's to the new standart. It is exactly like the Super Hornet

  7. #17107
    Senior Member K-5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hotel California
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MZKT View Post
    Shtora, APU, additional radio, Ainet sesor fusing system, inertial navigation system, T-90s metereologic sensor. That's all.
    Actually, it's not T-90's per sae, 1G45T first appeared on late 1991 production of T-80UD, Sertlovo based tank battalion had them for a while until no replacement parts were left. Modern T-80UK and T-80UM are practically identical with the exception of extra radio and navigation equipment.
    I think either one can also have Arena system, but I'm not sure whether UK production featured this built-in upgrade capability on every tank assembled or not.
    Screencap of Arena tests in 2002:
    T-80U(M or E?) CO station with Arena managment display to the right of the crewman

    System managment screen "No failures detected"

    Inputs and control

    "Operate manually, Replace USO? module according to the operations manual"

    "Protection off, Close the hatch"

    Relative sizing of Arena's projected blast module

  8. #17108
    Suspended for infractions
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GazB View Post
    In what way?

    If a T-55 can be given a Black Eagle upgrade and look for all intents and purposes like a tank of the generation of the T-80/T-90 then why not with the Mig.
    AFAIK the equipment on the Mig-35 would fit into a Mig-29 after you rip out all of the Mig-29s stuff. It might just be cheaper to buy new build Mig-35s and sell off existing Mig-29s for parts to another existing user, but pretty much everything fitted to the Mig-35 should fit on a Mig-29 IMHO.
    As I said the Mig-35 would probably be built to a much higher standard of quality and be made of much more modern materials, but I don't think the difference would be enormous and the improvement in performance from basic to mig-35 minus 1 would still be significant.
    I would expect the Mig-35 was based on the lighter Mig-29M airframe.
    It is certainly not a whole new aircraft that is not really compatible with older models like the Super Hornet.
    Mig-29M can be upgraded to Mig-35, but not the standard Mig-29. The Mig-29M airframe, on which the Mig-35 is based, is a bit larger than the standard airframe. You might be able to do a sort of an upgrade on the standard model, but I'm not sure if everything would fit, at least it wouldnt have the same sort of fuel load as a Mig-35.

    I think the Mig-29M is 2 metres longer than the standard airframe.

  9. #17109
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Age
    28
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Yeah, because MiG-35 is based on MiG-29M, which is very different from the A model. There are some things that can be done - you can put the M wing(with 8 hardpoints, instead of 6 on the 9-12) for example, but most of it can't be put on the early MiG's

  10. #17110
    Federov Avtomat, FTW!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,981

    Default

    You might be able to do a sort of an upgrade on the standard model, but I'm not sure if everything would fit, at least it wouldnt have the same sort of fuel load as a Mig-35.
    For extra fuel you could always bolt on the SMT spine fuel tanks.
    I really don't think the Mig-35 is a clean sheet of paper aircraft. I think things like the Mil Std databus from the SMT would have been carried across even if it was updated slightly on the way.

    Relative sizing of Arena's projected blast module
    With such small modules I always wondered why they didn't have several rows of these munitions around the turret of the tank. Layering them 3-4 deep would give some redundancy incase some are damaged in combat and would also allow a longer period before they would need to be reloaded. each row could have a slightly different elevation and the inner row or two could even be pointed upwards to hit diving top attack munitions.

  11. #17111
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Serious TR1 is serious.
    Posts
    9,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K-5 View Post
    Actually, it's not T-90's per sae, 1G45T first appeared on late 1991 production of T-80UD, Sertlovo based tank battalion had them for a while until no replacement parts were left. Modern T-80UK and T-80UM are practically identical with the exception of extra radio and navigation equipment.
    I think either one can also have Arena system, but I'm not sure whether UK production featured this built-in upgrade capability on every tank assembled or not.
    Screencap of Arena tests in 2002:
    T-80U(M or E?) CO station with Arena managment display to the right of the crewman

    System managment screen "No failures detected"

    Inputs and control

    "Operate manually, Replace USO? module according to the operations manual"

    "Protection off, Close the hatch"

    Relative sizing of Arena's projected blast module
    Nice info, anything on that other screen in front of the crewmember?
    And is this interior the same as on the couple of hundred T-80Us left in service?

    oh and is UD even around anymore in Russia, I thought only a few dozen remained.

  12. #17112
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    UD are still within training units until they run out of spare parts completely.

  13. #17113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GazB View Post
    For extra fuel you could always bolt on the SMT spine fuel tanks.
    I really don't think the Mig-35 is a clean sheet of paper aircraft. I think things like the Mil Std databus from the SMT would have been carried across even if it was updated slightly on the way.



    With such small modules I always wondered why they didn't have several rows of these munitions around the turret of the tank. Layering them 3-4 deep would give some redundancy incase some are damaged in combat and would also allow a longer period before they would need to be reloaded. each row could have a slightly different elevation and the inner row or two could even be pointed upwards to hit diving top attack munitions.
    coz they cannot sort out a way to eject the remainder of the surface layer. And a blocked blast might direct the blast flux to flow in between the surface and inner layer and trigger a false chain reaction thought out the whole armor complex

  14. #17114
    I am Japanese, err No Italian, err No I am TORA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    The guy in the middle is Raul Castro, the current president of Cuba.
    He was probably dispatched as head of the Cuban military attache during the Zapad 1981 maneuvers.

  15. #17115

    Default

    many photos from russian mrap SPM-3, btr-90 und co
    http://voenavto.almanacwhf.ru/index....llery&Itemid=2

    and here are the other photos of the exhibition in Omskhttp://foto.news.mail.ru/politics/148/918/

    anyone know buy russia btr-90 with beregok or not ?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •