Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Quote Originally Posted by trytan View Post
    I heard that Russia wants to create their own foreign legion... is that true?
    I saw the same information in these pages:
    http://rt.com/politics/russian-army-...es-foreigners/
    http://www.themoscownews.com/news/20...188233351.html

and a video about Angolan recruits in Russian Army
    http://englishrussia.com/2007/05/25/...ican-soldiers/

Quote Originally Posted by JCR View Post
    The N word is still allowed in Russian?
    What a happy country
    Well, it never was a slur in the first place, so it never became a taboo when the sensibilities changed.

Coalition-SV is very interesting design and approach to a problem with increasing rate of fire. We all know that intensive fire rate make gun barrel hot, and this is not good, two guns in one turret permitts to increase rate of fire without increasing (at least to some point) gun barrel temperature.

It is definetly a simpler, probably also cheaper solution than US choice in XM2001 with liquid cooled barrel, on the other hand Coalition-SV is very big compared to XM2001 or other self-proppeled howitzers, well it seems that there are no perfect solutions.

Question to Russian users, Coalitions-SV will be based on modified 2S19 hull or new hull will be designed? Rumors were saying that it should be based on Object-195 but as far as we know new tank will not be produced in nearest future, instead a simpler and cheaper "Armata" should be fielded so it is possible that it's hull will be a base for new SPH?

I had a feeling tha it'ii have a Gast scheme of reload lol.
    Aww and I never thought they already gone that far. Good enough. Time to wait for percise munnition for this monster and it will be kick-ass mutterhacker!

Quote Originally Posted by Damian90 View Post
    Question to Russian users, Coalitions-SV will be based on modified 2S19 hull or new hull will be designed? Rumors were saying that it should be based on Object-195 but as far as we know new tank will not be produced in nearest future, instead a simpler and cheaper "Armata" should be fielded so it is possible that it's hull will be a base for new SPH?
    Actually we could hardly suppose what chassis it will use, becuse it was never officially ordered by MoD. Since that everything that UVZ/Transmash doing on that theme they doing on their own money and on their own "fear and risk". That's why it does not matter on what chassis it is based right now while it's only in stage of working off technical decigions. later (I hope) it could be succesfully mooved to any chassis that designers will accept. Looking on the concept (with three crew membwers in the front capsule) we can suppose that in ideal it's gonna be something perspective Armata/Armada like. Btw when you talking about Russia you never can tell, you know.

Talking about dual barrel I thought it was arguable descigion because when you shoot from the first barrel you have so massive recoil that (I believe) you have to aim again and it does not metter wether you shoot from the second barrel or from the first one. The only thing is like Damian allready said is reduction of barrel overheat afaI think. Althou I am not an artillerist and it could be dilletant suppositions. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by IDA_71; 06-20-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pythp3 View Post
    Ne "RUSSKIE NEGRY" a ROSSYISKIE NEGRY F***, it is very different
    If you learn Russian by Yelcin's speeches-yes.)
    According to Dal's dictionary rossiyane is an old equivalent of russkie. You could see it for example in Karamzin's works.

But yep, this thread is not about that.

Quote Originally Posted by trytan View Post
    I heard that Russia wants to create their own foreign legion... is that true?
    There is a rather new law, according to it you don't must to have russian citizenship to serve in russian army.

Talking about dual barrel I thought it was arguable descigion because when you shoot from the first barrel you have so massive recoil that (I believe) you have to aim again and it does not metter wether you shoot from one barrel or two. Althou I am not an artillerist and it could be dilletant suppositions. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    A decent artillery calculation computer can easily make up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian90 View Post
    on the other hand Coalition-SV is very big compared to XM2001 or other self-proppeled howitzers, well it seems that there are no perfect solutions.
    Well, since the Russians don't need to have airlift capability in mind since they don't go halfway around the world to fight wars, I doubt that that's any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zvezda View Post
    A decent artillery calculation computer can easily make up for that.
    Add to that shells with GLONASS guidiance (target correction) and you can easily place a lot of rounds in a very small frame in a very small amount of time.

Can't they develope a faster method, where you designate the target area, and based on your position and the targets position a computer aims and programs the shells automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Can't they develope a faster method, where you designate the target area, and based on your position and the targets position a computer aims and programs the shells automatically?
    "Yes we can!" http://rbase.new-factoria.ru/missile...rch/9m55k1.htm

Well, since the Russians don't need to have airlift capability in mind since they don't go halfway around the world to fight wars, I doubt that that's any problem.
    I think that airlifting is not a main problem here, and don't forget, XM2001 was too heavy (40 tons only but too heavy, get it?!) for Rumsfeld to be airlifted.

However a big vehicle is not nececary good in any situation. This of course don't mean that Coalition-SV is a bad design, just a different solution to the same problem, and there are no perfect problem solutions as I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Az_esm View Post
    If you learn Russian by Yelcin's speeches-yes.)
    According to Dal's dictionary rossiyane is an old equivalent of russkie. You could see it for example in Karamzin's works.

But yep, this thread is not about that.
    Wrong. Russkie always referred to the nation, slavs, from Rus. Rossianyie is completely different. The word Rossyia is from the greek and was adopted as the name of the state by the russians for some reason. So Rossyia-Rossyiane is referred to the state exclusively, while russkie and earlier Rus remained the national designation.

In modern day, Russky is a slav, Rossyianin is anyone with russian nationality.

OK, no more posts from now.

Quote Originally Posted by IDA_71 View Post
    Thanks for the link.

I always figured that a computer should be able to do everything that you do by hand today (calculations for aiming etc) automatically, aim the turret, adjust the azimut, account for movement after firing, programm the shells etc..

And about the areal, I didn't mean a massive area bombardement, but getting as many rounds as possible to hit a certain area (say, enemy artillery position, base, depot, fortification, command post etc) without wasting shells that fly too far away because of wind etc, basically that they can correct their course to not go to waste. You don't have to hit a specific vehicle, but those that you send should do damage in the area you want them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Thanks for the link.

I always figured that a computer should be able to do everything that you do by hand today (calculations for aiming etc) automatically, aim the turret, adjust the azimut, account for movement after firing, programm the shells etc..

And about the areal, I didn't mean a massive area bombardement, but getting as many rounds as possible to hit a certain area (say, enemy artillery position, base, depot, fortification, command post etc) without wasting shells that fly too far away because of wind etc, basically that they can correct their course to not go to waste. You don't have to hit a specific vehicle, but those that you send should do damage in the area you want them to.
    Particullary that's why I like Smerch type anti armour munitions. They hit directly what they have to hit and have no additional time for preparation/complex digital parts.