Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Quote Originally Posted by Hisroyalhighness View Post
    [*******#333333]Su-33KUB landing aboard [/COLOR][*******#333333]Kuznetsov(From Cockpit)[/COLOR]

Why are the pilots side-by-side placed(like in SU 32/34 24? ). In SU 33 doesn't the pilots sit in fornt-back combination ?

thx

[IMG]http://i42.*******.com/wsv13d.jpg[/IMG]
    http://en.rian.ru/infographics/20120216/171345395.html

Today was laid down corvette 20380 "Gromkii" (Loud) at the Amur shipyard.

Removed repetition...

February 17, 2012. TV OTV (Ekaterinburg). Russia, Sverdlovsk Region. The game not very clean air... The maneuvers of chemical forces.

P.S. The robot can withstand radiation in 1000 roentgen and is worth 28 million rubles (~$1000000).
    Last edited by Raden5; 02-17-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurking View Post
    These guys were called "black death" by the Germans. Good soldiers to say the least.
    Are you German and know this firsthand? Or at least do you know this from a German source? Because I have no doubt that Soviet naval infantry were great soldiers, but those 'black death' stories always looked for me like propaganda crap.

VDV attacks // [*******#ff0000]edited: sorry, didn't see almost identical video[/COLOR]

Staring pseudo-communists over pointy barbed wires

Quote Originally Posted by adr1an0 View Post
    Why are the pilots side-by-side placed(like in SU 32/34 24? ). In SU 33 doesn't the pilots sit in fornt-back combination ?

thx
    AFAIK Su-33UB/KUB is a twin-seat trainer, so it might be intended to ease flight tutoring.

Quote Originally Posted by adr1an0 View Post

thx
    Because Su-33KUB is combat trainer. Su-33 is one seater. Also, it isnt "SU-", it is Su-.

February 17, 2012. Channel "5 TV". Russia, Chechnya and Dagestan. More than week goes on a special operation on the border between Chechnya and Dagestan. According to preliminary data, three groups of insurgents - some tens persons are surrounded. During the fighting, killing 13 policemen and about 20 injured.

Quote Originally Posted by cordel View Post
    Are you German and know this firsthand? Or at least do you know this from a German source? Because I have no doubt that Soviet naval infantry were great soldiers, but those 'black death' stories always looked for me like propaganda crap.
    As I posted in another thread, all "XY death" names are usually made up by propaganda.
    Soldiers, especially in WW2, are mostly 20 year olds and if they make up nicknames they tend to be insulting or at least derogatory.

Also wasn't "black death" also supposed to be the nickname of the Il-2.
    So unless the naval troops spread their arms and made aeroplane noises while advancing I see no reason to confuse the two.

February 17, 2012. TV Zvezda. Russia, Zelenograd. Presentation of a new system of military communication "Azart" (6th generation). As always - "has no analogues". Radio, GLONASS, internet, mobile phone, protected channels... etc. It is assumed to test a novelty on manoeuvres "Caucasus 2012".

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by cordel View Post
    There was a tread long ago, where our German members, couldn't confirm claims by "Our country (insert military branch) was called by "ze German soldiers" - (insert something cool and scary)" Heh, this trend make "ze German soldiers" - quite easily impressed bunch, 2-nd only to Japanese school girls, and they have to make do with measly "Kraut" and "Fritz" in return... what an unjust world.

Mother Base, i.e., Snake and Kaz's offshore clubhouse for men

Regardless of tales and/or fabrications, they served, suffered and died for the motherland, they are heroes.

Ontopic: You gents may have seen pics of the SU-35 crazy landing maneuver during MAKS 2009, now check out the video (in HD)