Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Quote Originally Posted by Abyr View Post
    void, please excuse my curiosity, but stories of WW2 were always a fascinating topic for me - did your grandfather later on participate in August storm? because I've heard that the men who took part in this operation were mostly picked from experienced units from German front.
    He was in a communications/intelligence unit I think, because he spoke fluent Mandarin. As a result he did not participate in front line fighting, but may have participated in august storm in an auxiliary role.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerknacker View Post
    Good liquidation.

Now the Rubezh, a beast truck with missiles for coastal defense.
    Nice video, congrats; I thought those S-S missiles were kinda obsolte by now.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchup View Post
    No. I mean, that you and almost every US-kids just don't know what is real war is, and what is right and wrong on history photos. The multi-million army fighting on own territory will have about 5000-10000 of non-adult followers, just because army can supply them with food and clothes(uniform).
    Could someone translate this please?

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchup View Post
    No. I mean, that you and almost every US-kids just don't know what is real war is, and what is right and wrong on history photos. The multi-million army fighting on own territory will have about 5000-10000 of non-adult followers, just because army can supply them with food and clothes(uniform).
    He's no kid yo...respect is a two way street. He gave some, he should get some in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Raden5 View Post
    Not quite so. It is the fruit of joint activity, of good people out the 45th regiment and the museum of Kubinka.

The bottom line being - the bald guy (third from the right on your photo) rides in it.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Raden5 View Post
    Not quite so. It is the fruit of joint activity, of good people out the 45th regiment and the museum of Kubinka.

By the way, this vehicle is one that Lebed got himself while fighting the Georgians in 2008. Somewhere in this thread there was an article about this vehicle and Lebed himself, unfortunately I do not have it saved.

Nah, the buggy is somewhat older, they made it in 2006 or 2007, but Lebed' did use it in 080808, there are photos of him riding it through Poti.

PS: It feels like someone tries to start a flamewar here. Chill down, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Konst View Post

A short story behind these photos. The guy on the photos is not a pilot. He is a KHL Hockey team Traktor Chelyabinsk player, Konstantin Panov. The photos have been taken on February 14, 2012 at the airbase Shagol, Chelyabinsk. In the right upper corner of each foto one can see a logo of the team. A man wearing "papakha" is the Commander of the airbase Colonel Nikolai Gostev:

That day later his Su-24 plane crashed 90 kilometers away of the airfield (engines failure). Both pilots survived and are safe and sound now.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval
    Last edited by Zed007; 02-21-2012 at 02:33 AM. Reason: typo

Old guards still in action. MiG-25RBT.

Bomber with cluster bombs KMGU-2. Su-24M.

Quote Originally Posted by kopapaka View Post

Computer graphics. From this video:

Quote Originally Posted by tip top View Post
    The bottom line being - the bald guy (third from the right on your photo) rides in it.
    Of course, because he is the owner of the car - the rest of the "good people" in the photo is not of the 45-th regiment.

And here Lebed explains the President of "as they have come to such a life" (in the background - Iveco).

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Khathi View Post
    PS: It feels like someone tries to start a flamewar here. Chill down, guys!
    Me?[*******#ffffff]....................[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by my name again View Post
    Afaik it is a selfmade vehicle ,build by this man : http://ra.spetsnaz.su/wiki/Anatolij_...lavovich_Lebed
    This Lebed fellow always reminds me of a lieutenant first class who was our platoon leader and principal instructor during conscription; an old school soldier, expert of survival and killing in general. On top of that he even kinda looks like Lebed. A living legend in his own right with somewhat pyromanic tendencies

[img]http://i42.*******.com/noye4y.jpg[/img]
    Russian police officers role-play as armed criminals hijacking a bank vehicle during a performance for spectators at a military festival held in honour of the forthcoming Defender of the Fatherland Day in Russia's Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk February 21, 2012. Russians celebrates Defender of the Fatherland Day, formerly called Red Army Day, on February 23.
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/243jdxx.jpg[/img]
    Russian police officers role-play as armed criminals hijacking a bank during a performance for spectators at a military festival held in honour of the forthcoming Defender of the Fatherland Day in Russia's Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk February 21, 2012.
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/2n9b2fd.jpg[/img]
    Members of the Russian Special Purpose Regiment (Spetsnaz) prepare to storm a building during a performance for spectators at a military festival held in honour of the forthcoming Defender of the Fatherland Day in Russia's Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk February 21, 2012. Russians celebrate Defender of the Fatherland Day, formerly called Red Army Day, on February 23.
    [img]http://i40.*******.com/2hdo2h0.jpg[/img]