Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Quote Originally Posted by AgentKoba37 View Post
    So MiG is dead. Long live the MiG! Seems like they are keeping busy
    Doesn't stop fanboys raising the stink to the seventh heaven about "Sukhoi lobby" in general and Pogo personally "killing the MiG".

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by dzhaga-dzhaga View Post
    Few months ago I decided to leave litigation and law practice and found a job connected to my hobby. and finally now I'm a Chief editor and general manager of one military news agency in Moscow, so the things had changed and now military press services are sending me the information and inviting to visit their events
    wow!!! can you say to us which Military news agency?

Quote Originally Posted by GeroyiDnepra View Post
    WOW!!!!! Vitaly, thank yous so much! ...
    x2

Excellent Photos! Thank you for posting.

Few months ago I decided to leave litigation and law practice and found a job connected to my hobby. and finally now I'm a Chief editor and general manager of one military news agency in Moscow, so the things had changed and now military press services are sending me the information and inviting to visit their events
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Khathi View Post
    Doesn't stop fanboys raising the stink to the seventh heaven about "Sukhoi lobby" in general and Pogo personally "killing the MiG".
    The truth is somewhere in between i think.

Quote Originally Posted by metberkut View Post
    The truth is somewhere in between i think.
    When MiG begun its downward spiral in mid-90es, Pogosyan was still a relative nobody, just one of the Mikhail Simonov's numerous deputies and assistants. He came to the front only in early 00s, when Simonov's failing health largely prevented him from running the company and he delegated most of his functions to Pogosyan. So even if such thing as "Sukhoi's lobby" really exists (and I've heard these whinings in Eighties!), they at least blame it on the wrong guy. When Pogo became a CEO in 2004, after Simonov's death, MiG was already pretty much in shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by tadeus View Post
    MiG-29K? What are those thingies, some kind of flap or vortex generators on wing roots? Yo can see them just next to wing , it elongated position. Is that standard on Mig-29?
    There's no "standard" Mig-29. I think by standard you mean the old ones, the A, B and S series, the ones that have been in service for 20+ years. Those are the old ones, and then there's the new unified family, which has, except for the general aerodynamical layout, very little to nothing to do with the old Mig-29s. The new ones are the Mig-29 K (and the two-seater KUB), M (and the two-seater M2) and the Mig-35. They share a new airframe and wings and a lot of other stuff. It's actually interesting to look at a picture of an old Mig-29 next to one of the new ones, as the "looks the same" will fade away pretty quickly when it becomes apparent that pretty much everything is visibly different.

The one on the picture could really be anything. We aren't even sure it's a two-seater because we can't see if anyone sits behind the pilot, because the canopy is the same for the single and twin seater. It could be a single seater, or a two seater with only one guy flying or with testing equipment in the back. The Krueger flaps are on the new K and M models. The sensor on the nose has also been seen already on planes that belong to MiG, which again could be any model, even if they don't have a hook installed, they could be K, M or 35 models, we don't really know for sure. Just like this one could be an M model, or a K model (doubtful, but they aren't really different except for the hook and tiny, possible details, this is also made harder by the fact that no M, 35 or K model has really been set in stone except the one for India and except for the internal equipment, but we don't know which model will or will not get a certain sensor, or the pod ability, or RAM coating, or the zig-zag shape on the radar cone or stuff like that - all just tiny details, that any one of the three designations could or could not have, depending on the wishes of the customer, because they are basically the same aircraft) or a 35 demonstrator since the Russian Air Force may order some.

What we do know is what's new (not seen before):
    That box under the left intake with sensors similar to the ones on the nose and the rest of the airframe.
    And the round/cylindrical pod that is clearly attached to the right intake, but not directly but by some sort of "arm", which looks a bit like a navigation/designation pod (Damocles), but we only see a tiny part and not the front, so it could also be something else.

But it's good to see that Mig FINALLY integrated the Damocles (or any for that matter) designation pod into the new Mig-29/35 series, it was sorely lacking, especially on the export market and the "capability list". Now it's a proper replacement for existing legacy Mig-29/23/21/F-7/F-5/F-.....etc users looking to modernize their fleets. They won't have to turn to the Rafale, Gripen, F-16, Super Hornet or Eurofighter, now Mig can also offer them an option.

They should just go ahead and rename the whole new range. Since the AESA radar would really be the only thing that would set what is now the Mig-35 apart from the current Mig-29K/M, and the radar itself not being a dealbraker to any feature of the K and basically possible to order for a Mig-29K or M, it doesn't make sense to call them by a bunch of names. What if someone who wants a K, but wants the AESA radar...what is it going to be called then? Mig-35K? As soon as they get that all together (the new radar working and integrated, the pod thing and self-defence suite integrated, maybe the new RD-33MKM engines etc) and sort out what they wish the final configuration of the airplane to be, I think the AESA radar (and the pod option and whatever) will be offered for the "names" 29K and 29M, the buyer will simply have a choice between Zhuk-M2 and Zhuk-AE, and they don't get called the 35, or they are all renamed to 35something. I really don't see them offering a Mig-29K/KUB, Mig-29M/M2, Mig-35, Mig-35K...

Unless the -29 versions are the "cheap" versions of the new airframe with just a Zhuk-M(2) and no pod option, no IFR probe etc, and the 35 version gets the AESA radar and designation pods and self defence suite and new engines and IFR, and is then offered in a land and carrier variant.

Who knows, Mig is crazy confusing lately, no two planes leave the shop the same. They even have a "Mig-29M" flying around shows at current Mig-29 users (Slovakia, Kazakhstan, Serbia), and it doesn't even have an IFR probe, you'd assume it's because it's a very cheap replacement option, and it appears to be a land-variant of the Mig-29K (but still differens from it, like no IFR) but it still has some sort of self defence sensors, which the Mig-29K doesn't have. They should really make up their minds and get a model ready. The one in this picture might just be the ultimate, ALL bells and whistles Mig-35 model, but then you realize it is also lacking an IFR probe. WTF Mig?

Congrats, Mr. dzhaga-dzhaga

Quote Originally Posted by Mousepad View Post
    I fap only to perfect, I'm with only one girl for now SU-34, and I want 3-some.
    You people disgust me..

[*******#ffffff]How could you cheat on the MiG-29!?[/COLOR]

March 30, 2013. Channel "5 TV". Russia, Chelyabinsk region, firing range Chebarkul. Tactical exercises rocket artillery.

March 30, 2013. TV Zvezda. Russia, AFB Engels-2. Manoeuvres of long-range aviation.

Quote Originally Posted by GeroyiDnepra View Post
    wow!!! can you say to us which Military news agency?
    Quote Originally Posted by Void121412 View Post
    x2

Excellent Photos! Thank you for posting.
    News Agency "Arms of Russia"
    arms-expo.ru

Making Canadians look bad sepheronx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    There's no "standard" Mig-29. I think by standard you mean the old ones, the A, B and S series, the ones that have been in service for 20+ years. Those are the old ones, and then there's the new unified family, which has, except for the general aerodynamical layout, very little to nothing to do with the old Mig-29s. The new ones are the Mig-29 K (and the two-seater KUB), M (and the two-seater M2) and the Mig-35. They share a new airframe and wings and a lot of other stuff. It's actually interesting to look at a picture of an old Mig-29 next to one of the new ones, as the "looks the same" will fade away pretty quickly when it becomes apparent that pretty much everything is visibly different.

The one on the picture could really be anything. We aren't even sure it's a two-seater because we can't see if anyone sits behind the pilot, because the canopy is the same for the single and twin seater. It could be a single seater, or a two seater with only one guy flying or with testing equipment in the back. The Krueger flaps are on the new K and M models. The sensor on the nose has also been seen already on planes that belong to MiG, which again could be any model, even if they don't have a hook installed, they could be K, M or 35 models, we don't really know for sure. Just like this one could be an M model, or a K model (doubtful, but they aren't really different except for the hook and tiny, possible details, this is also made harder by the fact that no M, 35 or K model has really been set in stone except the one for India and except for the internal equipment, but we don't know which model will or will not get a certain sensor, or the pod ability, or RAM coating, or the zig-zag shape on the radar cone or stuff like that - all just tiny details, that any one of the three designations could or could not have, depending on the wishes of the customer, because they are basically the same aircraft) or a 35 demonstrator since the Russian Air Force may order some.

What we do know is what's new (not seen before):
    That box under the left intake with sensors similar to the ones on the nose and the rest of the airframe.
    And the round/cylindrical pod that is clearly attached to the right intake, but not directly but by some sort of "arm", which looks a bit like a navigation/designation pod (Damocles), but we only see a tiny part and not the front, so it could also be something else.

But it's good to see that Mig FINALLY integrated the Damocles (or any for that matter) designation pod into the new Mig-29/35 series, it was sorely lacking, especially on the export market and the "capability list". Now it's a proper replacement for existing legacy Mig-29/23/21/F-7/F-5/F-.....etc users looking to modernize their fleets. They won't have to turn to the Rafale, Gripen, F-16, Super Hornet or Eurofighter, now Mig can also offer them an option.

They should just go ahead and rename the whole new range. Since the AESA radar would really be the only thing that would set what is now the Mig-35 apart from the current Mig-29K/M, and the radar itself not being a dealbraker to any feature of the K and basically possible to order for a Mig-29K or M, it doesn't make sense to call them by a bunch of names. What if someone who wants a K, but wants the AESA radar...what is it going to be called then? Mig-35K? As soon as they get that all together (the new radar working and integrated, the pod thing and self-defence suite integrated, maybe the new RD-33MKM engines etc) and sort out what they wish the final configuration of the airplane to be, I think the AESA radar (and the pod option and whatever) will be offered for the "names" 29K and 29M, the buyer will simply have a choice between Zhuk-M2 and Zhuk-AE, and they don't get called the 35, or they are all renamed to 35something. I really don't see them offering a Mig-29K/KUB, Mig-29M/M2, Mig-35, Mig-35K...

Unless the -29 versions are the "cheap" versions of the new airframe with just a Zhuk-M(2) and no pod option, no IFR probe etc, and the 35 version gets the AESA radar and designation pods and self defence suite and new engines and IFR, and is then offered in a land and carrier variant.

Who knows, Mig is crazy confusing lately, no two planes leave the shop the same. They even have a "Mig-29M" flying around shows at current Mig-29 users (Slovakia, Kazakhstan, Serbia), and it doesn't even have an IFR probe, you'd assume it's because it's a very cheap replacement option, and it appears to be a land-variant of the Mig-29K (but still differens from it, like no IFR) but it still has some sort of self defence sensors, which the Mig-29K doesn't have. They should really make up their minds and get a model ready. The one in this picture might just be the ultimate, ALL bells and whistles Mig-35 model, but then you realize it is also lacking an IFR probe. WTF Mig?
    x2

MiG really needs to come up with some standard equipment on the MiG-29 series already. Like the introduction of AESA radar and the FLIR pods, and everything else that majority of other jets have. They indeed have way too many variants of the jet and it is just too confusing.

MiG is capable of developing such an advance jet, as the Sokol plant isn't really in shambles anymore and they now have the technology to upgrade what they need and they have a lot invested in developing of jet engines and avionics. They could come up with a really good alternative to the Su-35S and PAK-FA. That is what I believe at least.

Edit: Also, congrats Vitaly Kuzmin!

Banned user

News Agency "Arms of Russia"
    arms-expo.ru
    WOW!!! YPA!!!! Поздравляю Congratulation!!

Banned user

I am post from a Russian Blog.
    here is English translation by Google.

According to the plan of combat training in the winter training period in Khanka district of Primorye, military infantry units fifth general army embarked on Working Capital and tactical exercises with live fire. Exercise was held at the training center Ilyinskoe, and they involve different types of weapons and equipment. Motorized infantry tactics fulfill mobile defense and destroy the enemy with the interaction with military intelligence and artillery.

Here is Russian Text.

В соответствии с планом боевой подготовки в зимнем периоде обучения в Ханкайском районе Приморья, военнослужащие мотострелковых подразделений пятой общевойсковой армии приступили к проведению ротно-тактических учений с боевой стрельбой.

Учения проходят на учебно-тренировочном комплексе Ильинское, и в них задействованы различные виды вооружения и техники. Мотострелки отрабатывают тактику маневренной обороны и уничтожение противника с взаимодействием с военной разведкой и артиллерией.

Link http://pressa-tof.livejournal.com/93725.html#cutid1