Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

XII Detached Signals Company, Artillery Platoon, 1999-2000

Quote Originally Posted by ~UNiOnJaCk~ View Post
    Can anyone here tell me if the new matte grey pattern is the standard colour scheme for the Russian rotary wing fleet now? I've seen it a few times now in several different picture sets and it looks to be in fairly wide spread use, but you can never really assume when it comes to Russian paint scheme standardisation. Thanks in advance.
    Grey pattern was ordered for RuAF by Serdyukov. It's said that there were absolutely no research done to compare its effectiveness to existing or other colour schemes. I recall some news piece about a week or two ago, which was saying that this grey pattern will be cancelled for fighter planes... I don't know if choppers will follow or not. There was also Shoigu's order to return the old Soviet single color red-star roundel for VVS, instead of three-color star, because the latter is too much contrast and doesn't blend with rest of camo pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by BitnikGr View Post
    Grey pattern was ordered for RuAF by Serdyukov. It's said that there were absolutely no research done to compare its effectiveness to existing or other colour schemes. I recall some news piece about a week or two ago, which was saying that this grey pattern will be cancelled for fighter planes... I don't know if choppers will follow or not. There was also Shoigu's order to return the old Soviet single color red-star roundel for VVS, instead of three-color star, because the latter is too much contrast and doesn't blend with rest of camo pattern.
    So they might be getting rid of yet another attempt at a standardised scheme?! Wow. I really liked this one too, i was going to say it was nice to see that Russia had seemingly finally got to grips with bringing in a standardised scheme and that the grey definitely suited the rotary fleet well; those Mi-8s looked very good in it. I hope it does stay and that they continue to roll it out.

XII Detached Signals Company, Artillery Platoon, 1999-2000

Quote Originally Posted by ~UNiOnJaCk~ View Post
    So they might be getting rid of yet another attempt at a standardised scheme?! Wow. I really liked this one too, i was going to say it was nice to see that Russia had seemingly finally got to grips with bringing in a standardised scheme and that the grey definitely suited the rotary fleet well; those Mi-8s looked very good in it. I hope it does stay and that they continue to roll it out.
    As I said grey pattern may stay with rotary fleet. I heard only about VVS fighters getting rid of it so far.

Standardization has no meaning without actual purpose. You don't have same camo patterns for all available terrain types, so why all choppers must be grey? For sake of standartization?

As I said grey pattern may stay with rotary fleet. I heard only about VVS fighters getting rid of it so far.

Standardization has no meaning without actual purpose. You don't have same camo patterns for all available terrain types, so why all choppers must be grey? For sake of standartization?
    In Russia, paint and uniforms are first casualties when new minister of defence comes into office.

peace to this young warrior without the sound of guns

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Caz View Post
    MiG-31 loaded with a few toys:

what missiles are those? The big ones at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Universals View Post
    what missiles are those? The big ones at least.
    R33 the big ones, R60 the small ones

peace to this young warrior without the sound of guns

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    R33 the big ones, R60 the small ones
    Thanks...........

Standardization has very real benefits, not least for reasons of identification and Esprit de' Corps. I’m pretty sure most professional outfits do not standardize things like uniforms, equipment and colour schemes just because they have an OCD when it comes to uniformity, though it definitely adds to the ‘professional’ image in that respect.

Ka-52, Kubinka, May 3, Preparing for Victory Day Parade-2014

Kubinka after rehearsal for Moscow parade

Quote Originally Posted by jup View Post
    Kubinka after rehearsal for Moscow parade

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qsYglVP.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	217.6 KB 
ID:	218269  

Mi-35M, Kubinka, May 3, Preparing for Victory Day Parade-2014

Quote Originally Posted by RealHokum View Post
    Mi-35M, Kubinka, May 3, Preparing for Victory Day Parade-2014
    I looked through your photostream and all your pictures are simply excellent and very professional, thanks for uploading