Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Suspended for infractions

One more 06363 project submarine launched for Russian Black sea fleet.

admship.ru
    More photos from flag-raising ceremony on another one for Black sea (22 august).
    http://admship.ru/?p=4957

More recent photos of Russian Navy vessels

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Caz View Post
    More from the international special forces competitions in honor of Alfa's 40th anniversary. The competitions were attended by teams from Russia, Belarus, Armenia and Kazakhstan:
    Even more:

RSSN "Grad" FSB St. Petersburg:

August 29, 2014. Channel "Podmoskov'e" (360). Russia, Moscow region. Testing robotic complex "Wolf" (MURRK).

Quote Originally Posted by metberkut View Post

I would like to see MiG-31 in this camo one day, I really like it a lot.

I am confused now, is this an upgraded MiG-31 or not? Why not the doube pylon and has two hard points under the wing carrying two AA missiles? So in total carries 3 under each wing, plus 4 under the belly, total 10 AA missiles?

You won't see any more RuAF planes in that camo, luckily.

You are confusing a bit here. That is indeed MiG-31BM. The double pylon you speak of, that is found on "vanilla" MiG-31's, and that double pylon carries only R-60's. Or the double pylon can be removed and main carries the even more out dated R-40. So MiG-31 can carry either:

4 R-33's (under belly of course)
    4 R-60's

Or;

4 R-33's
    2 R-40's (there is only one hardpoint on each wing for weapons, the second hardpoint is for the never ever used fuel tanks, in fact they are not allowed)

BM can carry;

4 R-33's
    4 R-73's (two on each wing, the fuel tank hardpoint was converted to a weapon one)

No R-60, no R-40.

Moar Su-30SM's and Yak-130's, all in proper camo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVD7NWzpaNg
    Last edited by metberkut; 08-29-2014 at 04:09 PM.

You won't see any more RuAF planes in that camo, luckily.

You are confusing a bit here. That is indeed MiG-31BM. The double pylon you speak of, that is found on "vanilla" MiG-31's, and that double pylon carries only R-60's. Or the double pylon can be removed and main carries the even more out dated R-40. So MiG-31 can carry either:

4 R-33's (under belly of course)
    4 R-60's

Or;

4 R-33's
    2 R-40's (there is only one hardpoint on each wing for weapons, the second hardpoint is for the never ever used fuel tanks, in fact they are not allowed)

BM can carry;

4 R-33's
    4 R-73's (two on each wing, the fuel tank hardpoint was converted to a weapon one)

No R-60, no R-40.

Thank you a lot for your very detailed answer, I had confused the R-60 and R-73 AAMs.

So finally RuAF has agreed on one camo??

I have asked this many times, I see new camos under RuAF service all the time: Su-25s got a new one, Mil-28s another one, Mi-24/35s some more, Su-30s also another one, Mi-17 (OMG), the Su-27/35 fleet is so messy and last but not least the MiG-29s which somehow after the SMTs it seems other models follow a similar pattern. In Russia after a modernization or overhaul program, an aircraft gets another camo! Only Su-24s and MiG-31s from the fighters fleet have the same camo without all these variations.

New order;

Su-27SM3 - Su-30SM - Su-35S - Yak-130 = all same blue/grey camo
    Mi-28N - Ka-52 - Mi-35M - Mi-8's??? = all same camo now, this:

Su-34 is back to the old, but "original camo" that it doesn't share with any other planes. Haven't seen the new Su-25SM's yet, they are supposed to be in camo, but maybe the factories will paint in grey anyway til they run out, we will see. They grey saga wasn't really as messy as you suggest, but i have covered that before and cant be ****d to do so again. :P

So not entirely one camo. One camo for fighters, one camo for helicopters, one camo for Su-34 and maybe one camo for Su-25's.

New order;

Su-27SM3 - Su-30SM - Su-35S - Yak-130 = all same blue/grey camo
    Mi-28N - Ka-52 - Mi-35M - Mi-8's??? = all same camo now, this:

Su-34 is back to the old, but "original camo" that it doesn't share with any other planes. Haven't seen the new Su-25SM's yet, they are supposed to be in camo, but maybe the factories will paint in grey anyway til they run out, we will see. They grey saga wasn't really as messy as you suggest, but i have covered that before and cant be ****d to do so again. :P

So not entirely one camo. One camo for fighters, one camo for helicopters, one camo for Su-34 and maybe one camo for Su-25's.
    He he, a big thank again my friend!

As much as I liked the previous paint scheme, I have to admit that this one is better. Can't wait to see the PAK-FA painted like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Caz View Post
    As much as I liked the previous paint scheme, I have to admit that this one is better.

As to T-50 i really really, really, hope so too. My face would melt at the sight of that i think. Til then, here is some old fan art:

Since i am on a roll, spreading gospel of one true camo scheme, here are some more shots of new Su-35S:

Last edited by metberkut; 08-29-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Is the speed sensor issue solved on the Su-35S fleet? As I see the KNAAZ 80 demo flight with the two solo Su-35S (the dark grey 04 and the new no-numbered one) the TVC system seems to be inactive during the flights. And I did not find any post stall maneuver on these photos...

August 30, 2014. TV channel Russia-24. Armenia, Shirak region, Russian 102nd Military Base. Special reportage. On the southern frontier.