Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by edi213009 View Post
    oh right how dare they attempt to be number one...its reserved for the mighty Spike from Israel
    Or Javelin from USA.. Both of them have top attack mode, which Krisatema lacks. Not to mention other different functions that Spike has.

Tom of Mumbai's **** holster edi213009's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoshi View Post
    Or Javelin from USA.. Both of them have top attack mode, which Krisatema lacks. Not to mention other different functions that Spike has.
    yeah right you must be from a certain country to have different functions.
    One has to compare about the cost of those missiles,the damage to the target and maybe find that it aint so convinient havin the fancy fire and forget

Banned user

yeah right you must be from a certain country to have different functions.
    One has to compare about the cost of those missiles,the damage to the target and maybe find that it aint so convinient havin the fancy fire and forget
    What are you talking about? Again i repeat Spike and Javelin have top attack functions that enable them to penetrate the weakest part of the tank from any angle, you dont need to have an ballistic missile to do that..

Not convenient to have fire and forget? Why is that? I would rather have a system that would enable me to fire missiles from behind the the hill and guiding them to your chosen targets or firing a missile and taking cover rather then to fire a missile and stand to guide it until it hits.

Also Khirstema can only be launched from BMP-3 chashis while Spike can be launched from the launcher located on the ground, vehicles and choppers.
    PS i dont know about costs

Tom of Mumbai's **** holster edi213009's Avatar

What are you talking about? Again i repeat Spike and Javelin have top attack functions that enable them to penetrate the weakest part of the tank from any angle, you dont need to have an ballistic missile to do that..

Not convenient to have fire and forget? Why is that? I would rather have a system that would enable me to fire missiles from behind the the hill and guiding them to your chosen targets or firing a missile and taking cover rather then to fire a missile and stand to guide it until it hits.

Also Khirstema can only be launched from BMP-3 chashis while Spike can be launched from the launcher located on the ground, vehicles and choppers.
    PS i dont know about costs
    i was just pointing out that u can have the same effect with cheaper atgm.so why use the fire and forget when a Metis or any other missile does the job.

Banned user

i was just pointing out that u can have the same effect with cheaper atgm.so why use the fire and forget when a Metis or any other missile does the job.
    Does it job? What do you base your claims on? I could claim that Metis cannot penetrate the frontal section of modern western tanks.

Banned user

Banned user
    stealthily descending on your headz with a parachute

It might be a matter of life and death for the missile crew. You seemingly do not care about soldiers' lives.

Tard.

Banned user

Does anyone have any good (hires) pics of the Gorka-E uniform in use?

A missile with 1,25m penetration behind ERA doesnt really need top attack. Not to mention it also has mmw guidance, ability to fire 2 missiles (one target or two targets), 1,6M speed etc...
    The missile is so awesome precisely because it wasnt built with man portability limitations in mind.

Spike? Nah...

Banned user
    stealthily descending on your headz with a parachute

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard1024 View Post
    A missile with 1,25m penetration behind ERA doesnt really need top attack. Not to mention it also has mmw guidance, ability to fire 2 missiles (one target or two targets), 1,6M speed etc...
    The missile is so awesome precisely because it wasnt built with man portability limitations in mind.

Spike? Nah...
    I think we are comparing apples to oranges here. I don't know so much about heavier ATGM's but maybe this Hrizantema should be compared to Hellfire or something similar.

Thats the point... It's a unique system.

P.S. Ooops I was a bit off on the speed it's 1.3M.

Banned user

Thats the point... It's a unique system.

P.S. Ooops I was a bit off on the speed it's 1.3M.
    I dont see how it is unique.. US have comparable Hellfire ATGM that can also be fired from the ground..

This is getting lenghty - might want to open a new thread.

Thats what engineers claim.. Same as there are claims that M1A1 frontal armour is 1600..
    No sane or even insane person will claim 1600mm vs HEAT for M1A1. M1A2SEP may reach something similar against non precision, copper liner single warhead HEAT threat. Hrizantema is neither single warhead neither non precision. No idea about the liner.

This can fire two missiles too...
    And guide them simultaniously?

LoL! So wait a minute.. Whats the advantages of only building an ATGM system on a slow, but lightly armoured vechile?
    Slow? BMP-3s will go 50 km/h un places that jeep wont even get to.

Lets hear your arguments please. They better be good because Spike is selling quite well for many reasons,
    Where to exactly? Poland? 90% of military sales on the international market is sheer political lobbying.

On topic:

http://photofile.ru/users/ob172m/3612185/

Pic IMG_1937 is the new 40mm automatic grenade launcher 6G27 Balkan (6Г27 "Балкан").

I dont see how it is unique.. US have comparable Hellfire ATGM that can also be fired from the ground..
    MMW guidance? Multitarget engagement? Automatic reload?

BTW If you are interested let's make a new topic on this, too much OT already.

OMG! BED looters!
    Yeah, it looks like those guys are just moving a field/mobile
    hospital. Look at the standard Russian blankets on the beds
    and a guy carrying some supplies in the boxes.

PS My profile looks pretty colorful now. What's the stuff with
    infractions, what does 100/1 (0) mean? Does it mean that I
    am busted or else?