Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Vympel View Post
    Yeah. You can read kirilica?
    I think he can read google

Quote Originally Posted by Kopassus View Post
    Novinka, does it mean New?
    Absolutely truly!

Suspended for infractions

Humvees in Poti port drive off to an unknown location lol ....

This is priceless

Tom of Mumbai's **** holster edi213009's Avatar

29 years ago the soviet intervention in Afganistan began,with the attack from Kgb alfa and zenith spetsnaz and Gru Muslim battalion on Topi Tadzhbek palace and other military objectives known as operation Storm333.It was a fierce battle won by spetsnaz.

here are some links,the first from 16obr with some of the men involved in the operation and another one from a russian archivist on Storm 333

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...ad.php?t=18200

http://www.wilsoncenter.org/topics/p..._Web_Final.pdf

rip to the fallen and glory to the fighters

Quote Originally Posted by RSCH12 View Post
    I think he can read google
    I can translate cyrillic letters and such into their most closly English counterparts... But I still have trouble identifying alot of words. I can sound out pretty much all of the letters and most words... But knowing their meanings is another thing....

I'm trying to learn though Knowing a second language could help me out alot in my current job as well. If you know a "critical" language in the Navy/DoD it could help out your pay. A friend of mine who speaks German fluently gets extra pay just for knowing it. He's the same rank as me and we've been in for the same time but he has quite a bit more bank coming in for him than me. ...

Humvees in Poti port drive off to an unknown location lol ....
    Oh how nice of them. Their going to ship them back to us here in the States ...

On a side note:
    Since those HMMWV where GIVIN to Georgia... I guess Russia doesn't really have any guilt about taking them. It makes sense to me though, alot of folks here in the US seem upset about the "evil Ruskies" taking "our" Humvees.... Even though the GAVE THEM to the Georgians... Kinda a dumb logic to me. Whatever. Thats like the Russians getting pissed at us for destroying Iraqi tanks because a few of them were made in the USSR...

Though I must admit shame on them for burning all those Bushmaster M-4 carbines... Come on they were practically barnd new. At least could have sold them and made a profit instead of wasting 'em.

And then you would have had a bunch of articels on how bad the conditions in the russian army must be when they need to sell seized weapons. So no need for russian soldiers to follow plain human logic, just act nice for the pictures and everything is alright.

Banned user

It would be imposible to sell those weapons even if Russia wanted it

Federov Avtomat, FTW!

On a side note:
    Since those HMMWV where GIVIN to Georgia... I guess Russia doesn't really have any guilt about taking them. It makes sense to me though, alot of folks here in the US seem upset about the "evil Ruskies" taking "our" Humvees.... Even though the GAVE THEM to the Georgians... Kinda a dumb logic to me. Whatever. Thats like the Russians getting pissed at us for destroying Iraqi tanks because a few of them were made in the USSR...
    Actually I think the problem is that those Humvees were American Humvees that had recently taken part in joint exercises with Georgia and were being readied to be shipped home when the Russian troops caught up with them.

I am sure they are quite justified in feeling hard done by, but then Saddam had negotiated over 7 billion dollars worth or Oil contracts with Russia by the time the US invaded and the US seems to have ignored that state of affairs completely.

The lesson is clear and is shown by Kosovo. International law means nothing. Might it right. When you have the troops on the ground you make the rules.
    Later on some time they might use them as trading pieces in the game of chess between the US and Russia, or they might just put them in museums.

I came for the photos, stayed for the politics, will get banned for the OT&H

Quote Originally Posted by Zmey View Post

Poklonnaya Gora complex.
    Im sorry, but is there anyone out there who has any hi-res pics of this beautiful complex?

Quote Originally Posted by BMUS View Post
    Im sorry, but is there anyone out there who has any hi-res pics of this beautiful complex?
    Anything in particular about it? Are you interested in the building itself or the adjacent museum?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poklonnaya_Hill

http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/mos2007_day07.html

I came for the photos, stayed for the politics, will get banned for the OT&H

Quote Originally Posted by Zmey View Post
    Anything in particular about it? Are you interested in the building itself or the adjacent museum?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poklonnaya_Hill

http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/mos2007_day07.html
    No, i've just always loved Soviet architecture, and i just though the previously posted photo was so beautiful so i became a bit curious. Would love to have a good picure of it as wallpaper

No, i've just always loved Soviet architecture, and i just though the previously posted photo was so beautiful so i became a bit curious. Would love to have a good picure of it as wallpaper

I'll have a look if I have a large pic w/o too many people on it. No promises. I dont remember which camra I had when I took a photo of it last time.

terrorist sympathiser

ive been wondering about the russia or post soviet architecture industry. i wonder if theres a link on them?