Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Banned user

let me post the video of the launch again,
    [*******#2b547e]http://www.zvezdanews.ru/video/day_events/0024221/[/COLOR]

can some one please translate for me, also is there any other video of the launch possibly in english

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by jaybe View Post
    err... are you sure? ok they can make more comfortable WC, no problem, but far more professional?
    They have kept their contracts with us, that is professional to me

Quote Originally Posted by Adux View Post
    let me post the video of the launch again,
    [*******#2b547e]http://www.zvezdanews.ru/video/day_events/0024221/[/COLOR]

can some one please translate for me, also is there any other video of the launch possibly in english
    They didn't say anything interesting. They claim that it is not and old and rebuild carrier, but that it is so rebuild it is practically new.
    Now the work will continue almost only inside the carrier, and that it will go on sea trails in 2011.

Banned user

if there are any ship building experts, can you please explain to me why that Island structure cant be moved to the extreme side, like the mast. It will enable launch of two aircrafts in quick succession as well as simulatneously landing an aircraft. improving the operational tempo, anyways we are paying the same as a new carrier.

PS: Regarding the cost's being floated on the internet, I dont think they are true. I think there is no Russians will as for 2.8 billion for that carrier(exculding the aircrafts). It makes no economical sense. Heck, Russians could built as a brand new carrier for that amount. There is a lot of media war games being played here. just my thoughts

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Kopassus View Post
    Thanks! Not as impressive as Mi-24/35, but still a nice piece of toy!
    Not impresive? Hm whats about so impressive with mi-24? Nevertheless, 28 have better performance, today it's basicly same 24, but without "belly" But we soon will see new rockets for 28, and maybe new avionics.

милициа в ост тиморе.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vosttimore.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	62686  

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by Ronguild View Post
    So the Indian Navy has not retained the MARS-PASSAT (NATO "Sky Watch") planar radar originaly fitted on Adm. Gorshkov.
    Because it's not working. The one on Admiral Kuznetzov is out of operation either. The producer was a design bureau in Ukraine and after split-up of SU nobody cared to bring the radar to operation. Mars-Passat project is dead.

Banned user

Ron,

I wouldnt know much regarding the question, but most Indian Ships from now on are going to be equipped with the Israeli MF-STAR

Quote Originally Posted by MZKT View Post
    Because it's not working. The one on Admiral Kuznetzov is out of operation either. The producer was a design bureau in Ukraine and after split-up of SU nobody cared to bring the radar to operation. Mars-Passat project is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adux View Post
    Ron,

I wouldnt know much regarding the question, but most Indian Ships from now on are going to be equipped with the Israeli MF-STAR
    OK, thanks.

Banned user

why cant that Island structure and center lift be moved to the side.
    it will create better operational tempo and fighter carrying capacity?

Thanks for the info Adux, boy that carrier really looks like a dead-weight

Adux,
    can u explain why Vik is a waste of money? I dont see how better it is with the larger local built carrier. The slightly larger carrier at most project 1 or 2 more fighter to the sky since it is also a skijump design.

Banned user

Read the last 2 pages of this thread, i have explained it in detail.

cheers

adux

Banned user

I'm a bit tired of these useless "Cavour" comparisons. It is made to operate EIGHT vertical take off jets. The Keypublishing boys hate of the Gorshkov doesn't change that fact.

It's sustained speed is also lower, something to consider with a carrier.

Banned user

Russian,

comparisions is not with cavour(27,000 tons) but IAC-1(cavour xxl, 37,500 tons)

Vikaramadity(Viki) was always a compromise, she in her earlier form was never meant to be a clean carrier, therefore flaws on her side for the conventional meaning of carrier is all but expected. Do understand, she unlike before doesnt have any more missiles in her belly nor is she clean carrier to put out excellent sortie rates. When sevmash(we are friends arent we, so lets blame the yard) qoutes a price to equal that of a freshly constructed clean carrier for viki, people will get offended.