Page 9 of 3819 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719591095091009 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

#1 roman, great pics, thanks brother

#2 its always a treat seeing BTRs, the vehicle is over 30 years old, still doing its job like it should.

Banned user

Quote Originally Posted by J4k3 View Post
    What are the little tube like things on each side of their vests ? with the red tips ?

Flares I believe. Or smoke greandes.

One of those.

Quote Originally Posted by J4k3 View Post
    What are the little tube like things on each side of their vests ? with the red tips ?

Parachute-retarded flares.

Default Mortar

In STUNTMAN posted video, a russian soldier mans a commando mortar, does anyone knows the name, specs and origin of this weapon ?
    MERRY CHRISTMAS !

Quote Originally Posted by LEGEND View Post
    Why put such bright patches on the BTR? Makes it immediatly stand out from the surroundings.
    If you look back up the thread you'll see them - its a vehicle ID on a red/yellow circle. The things are usually magnetic and can be taken off if need be.

In Soviet times these were red and white.

Its meant to be seen...

Nice pics.

There's something about the blue & white *****ed undershirt that really says "Navy" to me.

Very unique, very Russian.

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by maloryII View Post
    There's something about the blue & white *****ed undershirt that really says "Navy" to me.
    Its all to do with General V. F. Margelov who reformed the VDV after WW2. He had served as an officer in charge of Naval Infantry in WW2 and knew how the pride in the "telnyashka" affected their fighting spirit. So when he reformed the VDV he decided they too should have the telnyashka (in light blue).

Based on this idea every Russian elite unit has worn a telnyashka, so don't f*** with any Russian soldier you see wearing a *****ey shirt

Tradition has it that removing your outer garments to reveal just the shirt is a sign that you will fight to the death and no quarter will be given or expected.

The Spetsnaz forces wear the *****ed shirt as well, right?

I remember seeing some surplus shirts in an Army-Navy catalogue a few years back. I thought about buying one... but then worried that the ghosts of Russian commandos would come and beat me to death in my sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by desantnik85 View Post
    Its all to do with General V. F. Margelov who reformed the VDV after WW2. He had served as an officer in charge of Naval Infantry in WW2 and knew how the pride in the "telnyashka" affected their fighting spirit. So when he reformed the VDV he decided they too should have the telnyashka (in light blue).

Based on this idea every Russian elite unit has worn a telnyashka, so don't f*** with any Russian soldier you see wearing a *****ey shirt

Tradition has it that removing your outer garments to reveal just the shirt is a sign that you will fight to the death and no quarter will be given or expected.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanS View Post
    Here is a set from the Rail Check point

These carriages have some sort of armoured train setup. Its 1920 all over again. Trotsky would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by maloryII View Post
    The Spetsnaz forces wear the *****ed shirt as well, right?
    Yes, they are elite units... so just like I said. They might not wear them all the time (they are supposed to be covert sometimes) but generally, yes.

I remember seeing some surplus shirts in an Army-Navy catalogue a few years back. I thought about buying one... but then worried that the ghosts of Russian commandos would come and beat me to death in my sleep.
    They don't mind too much. Its a popular piece of civillian attire in Russia too.

Remember that unless you are an elite Russian soldier, wearing a telynashka doesn't make you invincible

Quote Originally Posted by Kvakva View Post
    It is still a good idea to have such trains.
    That is, if the enemy has no airpower.

-jippo

Quote Originally Posted by Jippo View Post
    That is, if the enemy has no airpower.

-jippo
    Jippo it's not an uberweapon ;]

Quote Originally Posted by desantnik85 View Post
    Yes, they are elite units... so just like I said. They might not wear them all the time (they are supposed to be covert sometimes) but generally, yes.

They don't mind too much. Its a popular piece of civillian attire in Russia too.

Remember that unless you are an elite Russian soldier, wearing a telynashka doesn't make you invincible
    [FONT=Verdana]Telnyashka(light blue) and Beret of the same colour (colour of the skies) are part of VDV uniform. Army Spetsnaz, having the same uniform, actually disguised themselves as VDV. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Folks usually wear naval telnyashka (dark/naval blue). Wearing Desantniy Telnik might get your in trouble. Certainly donít wear it on 2nd of august. [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by RomanS View Post
    Very nice picture Roman.

Diagnosis: chronic mpnetoholism (F99.9)

One question is this face/eyes protection helmet shield

effective? What exactly does it protect against?