Page 9 of 3814 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719591095091009 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 57199

Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

  1. #121
    Senior Member LEGEND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRussian1 View Post
    its a checkpoint. the point is to be seen.
    Then why not paint the whole BTR red?

    BMP on the left side is nicely concealed without any need to have bright spots on its armor. I really doubt that the purpouse of those patches on the BTR are to make it more visible.

    Everything in the picture blends in together besides those patches.

  2. #122
    Banned user fantomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    banana boat.
    Posts
    479

    Default

    #1 roman, great pics, thanks brother


    #2 its always a treat seeing BTRs, the vehicle is over 30 years old, still doing its job like it should.

  3. #123
    Banned user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J4k3 View Post
    What are the little tube like things on each side of their vests ? with the red tips ?

    Flares I believe. Or smoke greandes.

    One of those.

  4. #124
    Senior Member Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J4k3 View Post
    What are the little tube like things on each side of their vests ? with the red tips ?


    Parachute-retarded flares.

  5. #125
    Senior Member Ronguild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Building my Fw190D9
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,104

    Default Mortar

    In STUNTMAN posted video, a russian soldier mans a commando mortar, does anyone knows the name, specs and origin of this weapon ?
    MERRY CHRISTMAS !

  6. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LEGEND View Post
    Why put such bright patches on the BTR? Makes it immediatly stand out from the surroundings.
    If you look back up the thread you'll see them - its a vehicle ID on a red/yellow circle. The things are usually magnetic and can be taken off if need be.

    In Soviet times these were red and white.

    Its meant to be seen...

  7. #127
    Member maloryII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Nice pics.

    There's something about the blue & white *****ed undershirt that really says "Navy" to me.

    Very unique, very Russian.

    Love it!

  8. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maloryII View Post
    There's something about the blue & white *****ed undershirt that really says "Navy" to me.
    Its all to do with General V. F. Margelov who reformed the VDV after WW2. He had served as an officer in charge of Naval Infantry in WW2 and knew how the pride in the "telnyashka" affected their fighting spirit. So when he reformed the VDV he decided they too should have the telnyashka (in light blue).

    Based on this idea every Russian elite unit has worn a telnyashka, so don't f*** with any Russian soldier you see wearing a *****ey shirt

    Tradition has it that removing your outer garments to reveal just the shirt is a sign that you will fight to the death and no quarter will be given or expected.

  9. #129
    Member maloryII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    184

    Default

    The Spetsnaz forces wear the *****ed shirt as well, right?

    I remember seeing some surplus shirts in an Army-Navy catalogue a few years back. I thought about buying one... but then worried that the ghosts of Russian commandos would come and beat me to death in my sleep.



    Quote Originally Posted by desantnik85 View Post
    Its all to do with General V. F. Margelov who reformed the VDV after WW2. He had served as an officer in charge of Naval Infantry in WW2 and knew how the pride in the "telnyashka" affected their fighting spirit. So when he reformed the VDV he decided they too should have the telnyashka (in light blue).

    Based on this idea every Russian elite unit has worn a telnyashka, so don't f*** with any Russian soldier you see wearing a *****ey shirt

    Tradition has it that removing your outer garments to reveal just the shirt is a sign that you will fight to the death and no quarter will be given or expected.

  10. #130
    Banned user AICW40mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Downunder, Drop-Bear country
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanS View Post
    Here is a set from the Rail Check point








    These carriages have some sort of armoured train setup. Its 1920 all over again. Trotsky would be proud.

  11. #131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maloryII View Post
    The Spetsnaz forces wear the *****ed shirt as well, right?
    Yes, they are elite units... so just like I said. They might not wear them all the time (they are supposed to be covert sometimes) but generally, yes.

    I remember seeing some surplus shirts in an Army-Navy catalogue a few years back. I thought about buying one... but then worried that the ghosts of Russian commandos would come and beat me to death in my sleep.
    They don't mind too much. Its a popular piece of civillian attire in Russia too.

    Remember that unless you are an elite Russian soldier, wearing a telynashka doesn't make you invincible

  12. #132
    Senior Member mannelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stuntman View Post
    Great pics! There is a new parka floating aroud on some of the troops and it is awsome.. Well I don't know if this video is new or old but I love the helicopters and thier happens to be a civi hmmwv in the video..

    Nice vid! What about hummer at 01:00 time, can anybody suppose?
    By the way, what song is it, sounds like Sektor Gaza

  13. #133
    Senior Member Jippo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kvakva View Post
    It is still a good idea to have such trains.
    That is, if the enemy has no airpower.


    -jippo

  14. #134
    Senior Member Kvakva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jippo View Post
    That is, if the enemy has no airpower.


    -jippo
    Jippo it's not an uberweapon ;]

  15. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by desantnik85 View Post
    Yes, they are elite units... so just like I said. They might not wear them all the time (they are supposed to be covert sometimes) but generally, yes.



    They don't mind too much. Its a popular piece of civillian attire in Russia too.

    Remember that unless you are an elite Russian soldier, wearing a telynashka doesn't make you invincible
    [FONT=Verdana]Telnyashka(light blue) and Beret of the same colour (colour of the skies) are part of VDV uniform. Army Spetsnaz, having the same uniform, actually disguised themselves as VDV. [/FONT]

    [FONT=Verdana]Folks usually wear naval telnyashka (dark/naval blue). Wearing Desantniy Telnik might get your in trouble. Certainly donít wear it on 2nd of august. [/FONT]

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •