Page 96 of 3773 FirstFirst ... 46868889909192939495969798991001011021031041061461965961096 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 56588

Thread: Russian Photos (updated on regular basis)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseman View Post
    Russian soldier,

Are you are citizen of the United States or just a legal resident with a green card?
    counterquestion - why do you need to know?

Russian Soldier said:
    Someone earlier in this thread was wondering if we have black people in Russian army, of course! We have alot of black people in Russia, alot, singers, actors, and of course soldiers. Alot of them are straight from Africa, but of course, there are plenty of Americans in Russia ( I know alot myself) and so there are African American people in Russia too. I love diversity
    Yea, that was me. I'm not a racist or anything, I was just curious.

I'm just curious because there will lots of hurdles in his way.He will need to renounce his US citizenship and that process will probably have a waiting period. I bet that in the renounciation form they will ask him what are his motives. You think that the US Govt will like his motives? If he chooses to immigrate to Russia and join their Army right away they will not let him since he is considered a US citizen and will not be able to get jobs that are labeled Secret in the Russian Army, which he probably wants to do. He is going to go through a lot of paperwork and lots of unwarranted bs. Lets say he makes it through that hurdle but fails to get to where he wants to in the Russian Army and his career prospects seem pretty grim or he will wind up serving in some ****hole of a military district and hate it. I just hope you don't have a romanticized view of the Army since any Army in the world will find a way to screw you over. What are your civilian schooling/job plans if the Army doesn't fly? You have better education opportunities in the United States than in Russia because if you do decide to receive an education as a back up plan, it will be useless (unless you plan on attending the Russian Academy of Sciences ) because if you decide to move back to the United States, you will essentially have to start from zero. I'm just making you aware of the effects of a serious course of action.

If he chooses to immigrate to Russia and join their Army right away they will not let him since he is considered a US citizen and will not be able to get jobs that are labeled Secret in the Russian Army, which he probably wants to do.
    The most secret thing that an American immigrant in Russia will be able to come close to are probably designs for self opening garbage bin or something similar. Dont expect to be at the controls of a Topol-m, thats for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Russian soldier View Post
    sure, I was born in Russia and my mother brought me to the states, now that I am of legal age, I am going back to my "rodina". My grandfather (ex Russian military officer) waits for me there. And as soon as I return I'm joining the military, which is my career of choice.
    how old are you?

Hello Russia Strong camp. I think this is the right place to ask for info about the Kalakov. I had started a thread but got little out of it. All I've gotten till now is that only soviet pilots were given the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by MG 3 View Post
    Hello Russia Strong camp. I think this is the right place to ask for info about the Kalakov. I had started a thread but got little out of it. All I've gotten till now is that only soviet pilots were given the weapon.
    never heard of Kalakov

there is Krinkov

Russia and US don't recognize dual citizenship with each other. The Russian Army will not take you in if you become a US citizen because it shows loyalties. Seriously why do you want to go through all of this hassle. There won't be any benefit for what you are doing. You're just adding more stress.

There won't be any benefit for what you are doing. You're just adding more stress.
    hey, everybody has to decide that for himself - not everybody can be happy in the same way.
    I have a dual citizenship (german and russian) and if I had to choose I don't know if I would choose the german although I know I could make more money over here and probably have a higher standard of life.
    But material things alone don't make you happy.

Banned user BattleStar Galactica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russian soldier View Post
    I don't need the U.S. citizenship, but if I plan to stay here any longer I'll have to or I will get kicked out since my Visa is going to expire. I probably won't get the citizenship though. I am loyal to Russia and only to Russia, and I will serve her until I die.
    It's good to be patriotic. I too am from Russia. But I have made my home in the USA now. My wife is American, and I have 2 cool kids.

You can easely have both citizenships, one doesnt have to know about the other, simple as that. I know PLENTY of people who have two passports (Russian and American), I have two, but my second one is not Russian, but i could get russian if i wanted to with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGEND View Post
    You can easely have both citizenships, one doesnt have to know about the other, simple as that. I know PLENTY of people who have two passports (Russian and American), I have two, but my second one is not Russian, but i could get russian if i wanted to with ease.
    If he wants to join the military it might be a problem - in your case if they find you they take one away and you have to pay some money or something - if he's in the military and they find him he could get in unnecessary trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Susumu View Post
    If he wants to join the military it might be a problem - in your case if they find you they take one away and you have to pay some money or something - if he's in the military and they find him he could get in unnecessary trouble.
    They dont care trust me, if you have a US passport and it says Place of Birth: Russia and you come over to the Russian embassy to get a Russian visa they tell you you have Russian citizenship and you should go to Russia with Russian passport and they dont give you a visa. So what most people do who have Russian and American citizenship when travelling to Russia is that they leave the US using US passport and enter Russia using a Russian one, and vice versa on the way back. If you still want to go with a US passport and get a visa, you have to renounce your russian citizenship which costs a nominal fee of about 800 dollars

Banned user

I am a dual citizen. Have no problems going to russia, only show my russian documents.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanS View Post
    never heard of Kalakov

there is Krinkov
    "Kalakov" was mentioned in the Vice mag documentary about gunsmiths in Pakistan. At a certain point they take out a locally produced AK vairant and call it "Kalakov"

It was posted on MP.net before, but here is the link for reference (2:59)
    http://www.glumbert.com/media/gunmarket
    Last edited by Mr.K; 05-01-2007 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Video URL